1. Get Healthy – I have been sick for quite a while during the latter part of the year. I know this was due to work-related stress, nevertheless, I could’ve taken better care of myself then. Anyways, besides the proverbial lose weight mantra, I promise to eat better, think happy thoughts and get lots of sleep.
2. Get Laid – I mean, get a girlfriend. Hehe. Enough said.
3. Pursue graduate studies – Must take a stab at graduate school again. As I get older, higher learning provides me with credibility in an otherwise hullabaloo corporate world.
4. Travel – I’m thinking of travelling on my own this year. Walk the unbeaten path, explore culture and let loose, err in simplier terms, get lost.
5. Hoard lots of cash – We are in the midst of a global recession stupid!
6. Make lots of friends – If I can’t hoard lots of moolah, atleast I’ll have new freinds to share my misery with. In my friendster main pic, I was sleeping. I think it’s time to wake-up.
7. Get a house – Will be discussing with my parents this year if we could get a house of our own. My dad’s retiring soon so this could be a good investment for him. This would be for my parents though. I plan to be somewhere in the northern hemisphere during my 30’s. I don’t plan to stay in one place for too long anyways.
8. Run a marathon – I don’t know if I could train for this, gimpy knees and all. But as runners would say, you’ve never lived until you ran your first marathon.
9. Read books – I haven’t been reading much since most info that I need is on the net already nowadays. Somehow I equate leisure reading with unnecessary expense since I don’t re-read books that I’ve already read (greatest flaw- impeccable memory). But sure enough, I noticed that I was getting dumber. There is something in our thought processes that stagnates if we only digest immutable data. I guess reading non-fiction stirs the pot in our head so that we don’t always re-hash the tired goulash, it would be nice if I could get a tom-yum gum once in a while.
10. Love myself – I cannot give what I do not have. I cannot save all but I can save my self. It’s time to say Me now. I don’t think most people would mind. I don’t think most care anyways. Hehe.
Happy New Year to All. I wish all good health, prosperity and much love. All we need is love. Aza aza fighting!